Take a holiday from ageing, we offer anti-wrinkle injections to soften wrinkles and fine lines
This relatively safe cosmetic procedure relaxes and softens wrinkles, frown lines and expression lines to give you a more youthful and refreshed appearance. Anti-wrinkle Injections are gaining in popularity for treating wrinkles and expression lines. Some patents even choosing to have so called “preventative” injections.
Most people start to become aware of skin lines and wrinkles as they enter their late twenties. The constant advances in cosmetic treatments provide more options than ever for those of us who want to preserve or restore a relaxed and smooth looking appearance.
What are anti-wrinkle injections used for?
Anti-wrinkle Injections can effectively keep frown lines, fine lines and ageing wrinkles at bay. This is achieved by blocking the signals between the nerves and muscles. Unlike other invasive procedures, Anti-Wrinkle Injections are a virtually painless and relatively safe first step towards a natural and refreshed appearance.
Northshore Dental and Oral Health use cosmetic injectables to:
- Reduce the depth of lines around the eyes, also known as crow’s feet
- Lift the corners of the mouth
- Slightly lift the eyebrow
- To minimise the width and depth of forehead and upper nose lines
- Relax a gummy smile
- Can give a refreshed relaxed overall appearance to the face
What is the difference between anti-wrinkle Injections and Injectables?
The best way to explain the difference between the two treatments is that anti-wrinkle Injections relax muscles and Injectables fill lines, add volume or enhance features.
These two treatments share some similarities.
- Both are referred to as Cosmetic Injections.
- Both treatments are used to treat and prevent the visible effects of aging.
- Both treatments require a syringe or needle to administer.
- Both treatments are an S4 medication that can only be administered by a registered medical professional.
The procedure only takes a few minutes (depending on the selected sites) and is sometimes referred to as a lunchtime cosmetic treatment with a quick recovery time, there is no reason why a patient can’t return to work straight after the treatment with zero down time.
What are the benefits of anti-wrinkle Injections?
Anti-wrinkle injections are used for both cosmetic and functional uses and some of the benefits patients find include:
- The injections are measured in units not Milliliters (mls)
- Injections are injected into specific facial muscles
- Results are not instant, Effects appear gradually over 6-14 days.
- Treatment effects wear off gradually over 3 to 5 months. This all depends on the individual person, the area treated and the dose used.
- Injections are also used to treat some medical conditions like teeth grinding, migraines and excessive sweating.
- Treatment should be repeated 3 to 5 months for best results.
Benefits of Injectables:
- Injectables are not injected into muscles, they are injected into specific depths within the dermal layer of your skin.
- Injectables are measured in milliliters (mls) not units.
- Depending on the specific injectable used and the location of treatment the milliliters can vary in quantity.
- Injectables work by restoring volume loss, filling and enhancing the facial contours which can improve skin texture and hydration.
- Unlike wrinkle injections, Injectables work immediately once injected. (However, there is generally some swelling which will settle over 48 to 72 hours after treatment)
- The injected substance is similar to a substance the body already produces itself naturally within our skin. The substance used is a simple sugar molecule extracted from a plant source.
- Treatment effects wear off gradually over 6 to 12 months. This all depends on the individual person, the area treated and the dose used.
Some patients are turned off by the idea that anti-wrinkle injections and injectables are not a permanent fix. However, an ongoing procedure such as anti-wrinkle injections or injectables gives a patient more control over the desired outcome then more drastic comedic surgery’s. There is less chance experiencing the dreaded frozen face look as you can control the amount used.
Every patient will have a slightly different outcome that can be affected by age, gender and how fast their metabolism is. Generally, anti-wrinkle injections should be repeated every three to five months for best results.
For most patients, injectable treatments should be repeated every 6 to 12 months depending on individual requirements and desired results. The best way to know how these treatments will work on you is to book in to see our specialist staff for a detailed consultation.
One of the best things about anti-wrinkle injections is they don’t involve surgery and are relatively non-invasive. This helps reduce a patient’s personal risk, recovery time and money spent. If the idea of surgery makes you uneasy, anti-wrinkle injections may be a more palatable choice.
If you are looking to smooth out your complexion, or recharge your skins radiance, anti-wrinkle injections and injectables are a great option to explore.
Ask Northshore Dental and Oral Health if you think this is right for you, every individual is different and may require a different procedure.
We make treatments affordable. For all our services we offer a range of payment plans including zipMoney MediPlan, GE Finance and also an in-house payment plan. We also accept most major credit cards like MasterCard and Visa. And have also recently implemented a HICAPS machine, so you can get your rebate back quickly, and easily.